West Africa’s francophone bloc has been accused by other west African countries of hijacking the common currency project by bringing in France and its colonial influence to the whole project The Eco – the proposed single currency for members of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) – was scheduled to launch this year. but In September, Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara indicated that this may be pushed back three to five years because of COVID-19. His comments were made after ECOWAS leaders announced a postponement at their summit in the same month.
West Africa’s francophone bloc has been accused by other west African countries of hijacking the common currency project by bringing…
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Waterfalls in Africa
- Here is What Really Happened in Africa this Week | Africa Weekly News Update
- Nigeria Fines Stations Airing BBC, Rwanda is Messing with DRC, Uganda President Tells-Off the US
- Rwanda Ups Teachers Salaries by 88%, Malawi Claim $310 Billion from Int’ Firm, Atlanta Race Massacre
- The Story Behind Why Benin Unveiled Gigantic Amazon Statue of an African Warrior Woman