Uganda’s ‘Hippos’ have won the CECAFA U-20 trophy, defeating defending champs Tanzania’s ‘Ngorongoro Heroes’ 4-1 on December 3, 2020. The Council for East and Central Africa Football Associations (CECAFA) Senior Challenge Cup, is the oldest football tournament in Africa, having been established in 1926. A FIFA competition, it included participants of football playing national teams from the East African Region. The tournament ran from November 22 in Tanzania. In the U-20 Group A, teams Tanzania, Somalia, Djibouti. In Group B, teams Uganda, Eritrea, Burundi, South Sudan. In Group C, Kenya is alongside Ethiopia and Sudan. The top teams in each of the three groups proceeded to the tournament’s semi-finals, alongside the best runner-up. The Covid-19 pandemic placed the qualifiers in doubt but meetings with member associations saw an agreement reached on the continuation of the matches.
Uganda’s ‘Hippos’ have won the CECAFA U-20 trophy, defeating defending champs Tanzania’s ‘Ngorongoro Heroes’ 4-1 on December 3, 2020. The…
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Waterfalls in Africa
- Here is What Really Happened in Africa this Week | Africa Weekly News Update
- Nigeria Fines Stations Airing BBC, Rwanda is Messing with DRC, Uganda President Tells-Off the US
- Rwanda Ups Teachers Salaries by 88%, Malawi Claim $310 Billion from Int’ Firm, Atlanta Race Massacre
- The Story Behind Why Benin Unveiled Gigantic Amazon Statue of an African Warrior Woman