Businesses that incur financial losses due to power blackouts will receive compensation from Kenya Power if proposed regulations by the energy regulator are adopted. The draft electricity supply regulations seek to compel the power utility to compensate consumers for financial losses, equipment damage, physical injuries and death due to power outages. Currently, Kenya Power offers compensation for injuries and damaged kits, but does not compensate domestic and business customers for financial loss resulting from being left without electricity.
Businesses that incur financial losses due to power blackouts will receive compensation from Kenya Power if proposed regulations by the…
Categories: Africa News
- President Ramaphosa on Working Visit to Botswana – South African News Briefs – August 4, 2022
- Ethiopia Prevails with 3rd Dam Filling, in Turn, Defeating Enemies Trying to Destroy its People
- Real Africa News from Across Africa and Diaspora | Africa Weekly News Update
- UN Wants to Stop Crypto in Africa, UK to Return 72 Stolen Nigerian Artifacts, Sierra Leone Protests
- Where Would the World be Without Africa? Speech Gives Answer with Bonus Solution