Join one of Africa’s most important celebrations of nature. Kwita Izina is modeled off a centuries-old tradition in which Rwandans name their children in the presence of family and friends. In 2005, Rwanda began officially naming mountain gorillas in what has become a global celebration of nature. The ceremony is an opportunity to thank the communities that live around Volcanoes National Park, our research partners, vets, and the dedicated conservationists, rangers, and trackers who protect the gorillas. Over the last 15 years, more than 300 mountain gorillas have been named.
Join one of Africa’s most important celebrations of nature. Kwita Izina is modeled off a centuries-old tradition in which Rwandans…
- Here is some of the latest African News highlights #africanews
- America’s Pressure Campaign Against Russia Starts with its Secretary of State Africa Tour
- UK Museum Agrees to Return Looted Benin Bronzes to Nigeria
- Blinken on Three-Nation Trip To Spell Out U.S., Africa Strategy
- How the West is Destroying Africa with Its Toxic Garbage Labeled as Donations and Gifts