Share this with Africa

At least 333 schoolboys are reportedly still missing after gunmen attacked an all-boys secondary school in Kankara, in Katsina State. Residents said the gunmen had earlier attacked Kankara town, injuring many residents but were later repelled by security forces. Parents and family members have gathered at the school, issuing a plea to authorities to bring the missing boys back to safety. President Muhammadu Buhari said in a statement that the military had located the kidnappers in a forest and was exchanging fire with them, aided by air support. Nigerians, using the hashtag #BringBackOurBoys on Twitter, lamented the security situation, and criticized the president’s handling of it. 

(file photo).

  • The abduction of 276 girls by Boko Haram on April 14, 2014 sparked a global outcry. The girls were sleeping at their school, awaiting exams, when they were taken and at least 100 … Read more »

  • In a video released by Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau, following President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Borno State, he said the schoolgirls would be set free if their members … Read more »